Retiring anywhere in the world takes research and thought and weighing the pro's and con's.
Most people have a set pension and savings to live from during their retirement. And affordability becomes the number one issue for them.
Once one locates places in the world where one can retire can affordability then other concerns come into play such as healthcare availability and costs, safety, infrastructure.
And for most single males a girlfriend with whom they can share their retirement.
Believe it or not the girlfriend has taken the top place in order of prioritizing pro's and con's for the single male.
So with that in mind let's look at the decision process in this manner..
- for the single male who doesn't intend to live his retirement lonely and alone he has to find a place to retire to that has available and hopefully attractive ladies who he could meet
- for the single female this is important as well as well as meeting new friends based on what our female clients tell us and they also tell us that they have no intention of being lonely during their golden years
- next safety as we all want to live somewhere where we can go out and no worry about being robbed or having our personal possessions stolen
- affordability is on most people's minds and we do not want the cheapest place in the world to live but somewhere where we can have the creature comforts we have grown accustomed to be it cable tv, hi speed internet, proximity to shopping and comfortable accommodations
- prompt access to healthcare specialist and healthcare affordability
- climate .. not too hot.. not too cold
And these are the most important factors weighing in one's decision as to where in the world to retire.
The pro's of retiring to the Philippines are low costs therefore affordable, many people speak English which makes day to day living a bit easier, healthcare facilities are good and affordable, and climate although hot for some for part of the year is liveable if one has accommodations with air conditioning.
And the fact that there are lovely Filipina's who are looking for foreigners and retiree's for long term relationships makes it a popular retirement destination. In fact Philippines is second to Thailand in that regards.
Retiree's in Philippines have expressed concern about power outages regularly and sometimes lasting an hour or more and concern about safety and telling us that they have been robbed more than once. Power outages can be eliminated with a backup power supply that you buy or else one that comes with the accommodations you have selected. As for safety we all cannot live in a compound with security guards at the entrance due to higher cost and we certainly do not want to stay in our accommodations day and night and have to venture out for shopping, dining, or entertainment.